Monday, June 11, 2007

*DANCING NAKED AT THE EDGE OF DAWN* by Kris Radish

Everything changes and the very foundation of her life comes into question when Meg witnesses her husband having sex with another woman on her bed in her suburban Chicago home. In order to find her way to a new life, Meg, along with three friends, recreates the journey to Mexico that her favorite aunt took as a young woman. Her aunt's influence is still visible in remote Mexican villages, and the journey becomes spiritual as well as geographical. As Meg finds out more details of her aunt's life, she wonders whey this wonderful woman's influence on her took hold before she went into crisis. When she returns to Chicago, she finds kindred spirits who have felt lost and oppressed but who now may be willing to let go and even dance naked.

**Rated 2/5. When I began this book I thought that I would like it, but having been through a breakup in a relationship myself, I found Meg's journey to be just too, too wonderful a transition from a long marriage through divorce and a new life. This women had money, a great job and no hassle from the husband. I think overall I prefer women that struggle, that overcome crisis and pain. This book book was a lot of fluff and nonsense to me.

No comments: