Monday, August 17, 2009

*SKINNY BITCH* by Rory Freedman


The frank, "get real" approach of this diet book may be just right for those who have tried and tried without success to lose weight and keep it off. As the title indicates, the language is salty as Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin tell readers just what they must get rid of in their everyday eating: sugar first, followed by meat and dairy. Freedman and Barnouin recommend a vegan lifestyle, and tell why, and then offer more than 75 recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacking. They help readers break through the mental denial about bad food habits, and offer responsible and fun food choices without denying cravings and appetite.
***Rate this 3/5. Since I have been attending Weight Watchers meetings, I was introduced to this book and anxious to read it. It does contain salty language and how one gets rid of sugar, all meat and dairy in their diets and becomes a 'skinny bitch'. It seems to me that both of the authors are promoting a Vegan diet which works for them, but would not work for me. Although the chapters on animal slaughter and dairy are quite informative and could turn off most people into eating either, I could not follow the Vegan diet. Interesting book though on why most 'diets' do not work. I will stick with my Weight Watchers diet, which I am doing quite well on! :)

No comments: